"Obama's hypocrisy on the war on terror--closing Guantanamo--military tribunals-- is the homage that hysteria pays to reality."

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Speaking Truth to Power

I know you're probably thinking, who can claim to speak truth to power after witnessing the Greatest Such Feat Ever, but this NPR reporter might just have outdone our Powerless Leader:
"Comparing the tactics of the Nixon administration -- which bugged and intimidated and harrassed journalists -- to that of the Obama administration was foolish, facile, ridiculous and, ultimately, embarrassing to me. I should have known better and, in fact, I do know better. I was around during the Nixon years. I am fully cognizant of what they did and attempted to do."

"I apologize for a dumb comparison."

Rudin's full-180 earned warm praise from NPR ombudsman Alicia Shepard. "While it was a dumb thing to say, I applaud Rudin for quickly apologizing," Shepard wrote. "Journalists are going to make mistakes -- not intentionally but they will happen. Acknowledging them goes a long way to maintaining credibility."

No comments: